CAROLINA PAD ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Our Environmental Mission: To respect the environment and develop products that support the environment. We will identify and implement strategies that reduce waste and conserve resources and adopt standards that promote a healthier workplace and community.
Sustainability is a high priority at Carolina Pad. We are committed to conducting business in an environmentally responsible manner. We contribute to a healthier and safer environment in our workplaces and communities by:
1. Understanding our environmental impacts, minimizing pollution, and continuously seeking to improve environmental performance.
2. Developing an action plan to identify and meet environmental goals.
3. Promoting and maintaining environmentally responsible practices for the benefit of our customers, consumers, employees, and community.
4. Utilizing environmentally favorable solutions as they become financially sound alternatives.
5. Developing a scorecard so that we can continually monitor and improve our environmental performance.
6. Using materials and energy efficiently to conserve natural resources, reduce the amount of waste, and ensure proper disposal of waste.
7. Educating consumers on environmental issues through the Carolina Pad Web site and product packaging.
8. Raising awareness, encouraging participation, and training employees in environmental matters.
9. Partnering with, and maintaining an ongoing dialogue with organizations that focus on environmental issues.
10. Remaining aware of the environmental performance of our major suppliers and wherever possible, purchasing paper and board made from managed sustainable resources and or post consumer waste.